Organic Parts Plating Kit Delux
Organic Parts Plating Kit
Part Number: OPK1DL
Have you ever wanted to electroplate flowers, leaves, butterflies, leather items or other organic parts? Now you can with the Caswell Organic Parts Plating Kit.
The kit contains the chemicals you need to make beautiful craft items. All you need to provide is 500 mL of automotive battery acid (30% sulfuric acid, available from most automotive parts stores), a DC power supply, an airbrush, some distilled water and a few other odds and ends, all easy available in most countries.
A small DC power source is required. A variable current unit is helpful, in the range of 3-5 amps. The Copper Plating System uses 0.07 amps per square inch of part area. If your item being plated is 6 sq inches, you would require 0.42 amps.
The steps to plate any organic parts are as follows.
- Dip the part in the sealer solution for 30 minutes. Allow to dry. Dip again briefly and allow to dry.
- Attach one or more bare copper wires to the part, long enough to hang into the copper plating solution from the tank bar.
- Spray the shoe with Copper Conductive Paint, using an airbrush, and allow to dry.
- Hang the part into the bright acid copper plating solution, attach a power supply, and plate for approx 1 hour. Remove and lightly sand down any rough spots. Continue plating for 3-5 hours, removing periodically and sanding down the rough spots. Remove and rinse the part.
- You can now leave the items with a stunning bright copper plate, or go on to plate with nickel, gold, silver or any of our other plating kits or antiquing solutions.
The Kit Includes:
The copper plating tank operates at 21-27 deg C. Heaters are only required if plating in a cold environment.
The kit includes enough copper anodes to plate approx 4 sq meters of parts (1000's of small parts). Additional copper anodes can be purchased from us.
You Need to Supply