Part Number: SOC4
Use DuraCoat Gloss Clear as a topcoat for chemical resistance if you plan to use gun cleaners on the piece.
A topcoat is not required if harsh cleaners will not be used.
Clear will slightly diminish the mirror effect.
DuraCoat® and Alsa have teamed up to create a spray on chrome designed specifically for firearms! Now you can have the most eye-catching gun at the range! DuraChrome™ creates the illusion of hard chrome by using a two-step process.
First apply a black base coat using DuraChrome Base Coat, then apply the DuraChrome in a single layer to create a mirror-like finish. Packaged and sold with the required base coat. Top coat is sold separately.
4oz includes 4oz DuraChrome and 8oz Base Coat, enough for 2-4 firearms
Other sizes are available as special orders.
DuraChrome Base Coat Instructions:
- Disassemble firearm as far as you feel comfortable.
- Degrease parts with LCW TruStrip Cleaner/Degreaser.
- Blast parts or sand to rough the surface.
- Fill any pits, scratches, or imperfections with DuraFil Surface Filler. The smoother the Base Coat finish, the more mirror-like your chrome will be.
- Shake Base Coat for three minutes after hearing the mixing ball. Mix 6 parts Base Coat with 1 part hardener.
- Apply with an airbrush or spray gun in thin even passes. Apply 3-4 thin even layers. Sand in between layers if needed for a smoother finish. Allow to dry for at least 24 hours but no more than three days before applying DuraChrome.
- Clean equipment with DuraCoat Reducer.
- Wait at least 24 hours but no more than three days before moving on to this step.
- Shake DuraChrome for 1-2 minutes. Do NOT add Hardener.
- Apply DuraChrome in one single layer. Do not attempt to recoat any area while wet. Wait at least 24 hours before applying a second coat if needed.
- Wait at least 24 hours but no more than three days to apply top coat of DuraCoat Clear if desired for chemical resistance.
Parts coated with DuraChrome can be reassembled and used after 24 hours. It will take 3-4 weeks for a full cure to be reached. Do not apply harsh cleaners, use in holster, or subject to harsh use during the cure time.
Always wear protective gloves, eyewear, and an approved respirator. Be in a well-ventilated area. Read all warnings and first aid information, and read and follow all instructions when using any DuraCoat® products.