Green AEN Anodizing Dye
Part Number: DYEGRAEN8
The dye supplied is c.24gms allowing for a makeup of 8 litres at 3gm/L
Specialty Green AEN is a multi-component, water soluble dye, used to color anodized aluminum bright green.
Eco-friendly, contains no heavy metals.
2. Application instructions
Concentration: 2-4 g/l pH: 6.0 ±0.5 Buffering: Not required
Temperature: 140°F ±5°F / 60°C Oxide film thickness: 0.50 mil. or greater
Dye time: Depending on the shade desired, dye times could range from 10-15 minutes, but can only be determined by sampling in plant production.
3. Conditions for using Specialty Green AEN
Tank: Stainless steel or other acid resistant materials such as neoprene, polyethylene and polypropylene that can withstand a constant operating temperature of 140°F. Water quality:
Deionized pH adjustments: Raise with sodium hydroxide. Lower with acetic acid. The pH should be checked once per shift with a calibrated meter and maintained within recommended range. Bath agitation: Moderate agitation must be used for high uniformity of color. Rinsing:
It is important to remove all acid residues clinging to the work and acid retention in the oxide pore itself. Rinse work load thoroughly after anodizing. A minimum of two rinses is recommended, with the second rinse at over-flow.
To increase rinsing effectiveness, add vigorous air agitation in all rinse tanks. This also improves your rinsing of surfaces on complicated shaped parts.
Temperature: Dyebath temperatures below 55°C may produce a yellowish hue.
Idle solutions: For consistent shades of green, continuous mild agitation is required.
4. Light fastness Rating:
7 (1=poor, 8=excellent)
This color is not recommended for outdoor applications or other situations where it is subjected to intense UV radiation.
Shelf life is virtually unlimited. Store in original container in a cool dry location. Close package tightly after removal of dye. In humid environments, powder may clump-up.
6. Preparation of a new dyebath
1. A cleaned tank is filled with deionized water to about 75% of final volume and raised to dyeing temperature.
2. The required amount of dye is weighed out and dissolved in hot deionized water (71°-82°C) in a separate container until a slurry is formed. This is your stock solution.
3. With agitation turned on in tank, pour stock solution into tank.
4. Top off the tank to final working solution volume with more hot deionized water and agitate for 15 minutes.
5. Using a calibrated pH meter, check the pH and adjust if necessary.
6. The dyebath is brought to dyeing temperature, 60°C ±2°C.
7. Product safety We recommend that the company/operator read and review the Material Safety Data Sheet for the appropriate health and safety warnings before use.